Monday, April 03, 2006

This is why I like Overheard in New York

Dude: I'm looking for this non-fiction book.
Store guy: What is it?
Dude: How to Build a Time Machine.

--Barnes and Noble, 6th Avenue & 8th Street


Guy: Is that an iPod?
Girl: No, it's a gaydar.

--D train


Crazy: So I had to get fillings in all of my teeth.
Passenger: Uh huh.
Crazy: But I figured, why let them do that to me after they drilled holes in my brain, ya know?
Passenger: Sure.
Crazy: But I figured, might as well! Although if they were going to fill my teeth, I'd want them to use jelly.
Passenger: Yep.
Crazy: But the guy at the counter said they were out of jelly. So I got a blueberry muffin.

--R train


The subway doors open. A hobo enters, holding a bottle of windex in one hand and a tube of toothpaste in the other. He says: Which is the better time to read Dostyevsky? Winter?

He sprays the windex.

Hobo: Or Spring?

He squeezes toothpaste out of the tube.

Japanese girl: Spring!
Hobo: You are correct.

--F train

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home