Saturday, April 01, 2006

That's All Fine And Dandy

I like the post about Saddam's human rights violations being one of the reasons we went to war. That would have been all fine and dandy, and probably got us liberals behind it, if the goverment would have used it. Instead we got WMDs. If the spinners would have just stayed out of it and the real reason would have been given, maybe everyone (and I mean both sides) wouldn't be so sick of it now. (Because if you haven't noticed, overall support for the war just keeps falling.) We went to war in Iraq b/c we needed a show of force after not getting Osama. Plain and simple. I get that, I might have even been ok with that. I realize that the general public really can't handle the truth most of the time, but this one got way out of hand. And if lying to get into a war and then when your popularity is wanning saying it was for human rights violations is moral, well let's just say I have a different view of what is moral.

BTW: I'm glad you listen to NPR : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home